Tuesday, December 26, 2006

In case you don't read Perez...

After a long tearful, dreary, and very depressing day, I survived Christmas (with the help of my Mr. Big- naturally). Turns out, having Christmas without my mother is not as relaxing or as fun as I imagined it would be. This morning, after not sleeping a wink, I was to be at work at 9 AM. What i discovered is that there is no better thing to do when one is brain-dead and emotionally spent than to find humor among the pages of Perez. I wanted to share the love so I post one of his most interesting post.


She must be devastated!

Paris Hilton's grandfather, Barron Hilton, announced Wednesday that he's giving away almost all his fortune to charity!

The hotel tycoon is donating 97% of his 2.3 billion worth to the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, named after the initial Hilton that founded the global hotel chain in 1919 with a small hotel in Cisco, Texas.

That means that Barron's kids and grandkids are gonna be left with just $69 million to split amongst them. AND they have to pay taxes on that!

Pennies!

Dang. We kinda feel sorry for Paris. Don't U?

But, then again, the people of the world are over $2 billion richer now!

Hopefully the Conrad N. Hilton foundation will distribute the money wisely.





Is that not great or what? Not like Paris needs any extra money. However, the fact that the grandfather is saying a public, "FU" to his family is classic. Plus, he is doing what he should- giving his money to a better cause.

I plan on playing the $20 New Year lottery. 4 lucky winners win a million dollars. 500 win $1000. If I win anything, I plan on donating half to charity. I would have good Karma for life!!! Here's hoping I win. My credit cards totally need the help!



In other news, I say Charlie Wilson's War this evening. An absolutely wonderful movie despite the fact Charlie Wilson served as a Texan congressman. He was a "party" man and a womanizer so I suppose he made up for it. It's a very smart movie that, in a round about way, puts light on the whole war on Iraq. True story. Tom Hanks deserves another Oscar. He was brilliant in the movie. And my God, Julia's body is amazing looking. Here's hoping I look that good after 3 children.

Loves!
mer



PS Goes who is going to cut their hair just like Paris has it right now?
So scared!