Monday, December 18, 2006

I would like to thank the Academy



And by Academy, I mean Jaime Walker. Without her help, I do not think I would have been as successful this quarter as I was. On Wednesday past, my final work was reviewed by a panel of 3 professionals, 2 copywriters and one art director. They LOVED J's and my group work, so much so they gave us each $20.00 for doing "kick ass work"-(a direct quote from the very attractive, red hair asshole/ redneck copywriter). Then, I showed them my Ga State and M&Ms campaigns and they LOVED LOVED LOVED both of them! In this industry, it's hard to find anyone who LOVES anything, especially 3 of them. All 3 told me my writing was beautiful, very poetic, and very inspiring. So, although I realize I have way more hard work ahead of me and that one compliment does not define me by any means, I am extremely proud of myself. This past Wednesday was a wonderful ending to a school that has taught me so much.

A couple of months ago, when Jerry Seinfeld accepted a comedian award, he joked that, "...the comedian should be the only one getting awards. We are the only ones that have to actually think of something original and funny, and interesting to say. Do you know how hard that is?"

Yes, yes I do.

Loves!
mer

p.s. thank you Jaime for being a wonderful friend- inside and out of school. I am always here for you. Always.
Loves forever