Sunday, April 15, 2007

Reminds me of my Corporate America job

One of my favorite shows on TV right now is The Office. Besides being very well written, the show mocks everything wrong in Corporate America. During studio week, I was introduced to the British, original version of the Office and it is far funnier than any NBC Office episode. I fortunately and unfortunately work for Corporate America- that is, when they actually have work for me to do. The company is a small sales and marketing company owned by a British man. Over the years the company has established itself as one of IBM’s business partners, a title that has turned everyone in our office from fun to absolutely insane/crazy. This week marked one of the worst weeks I’ve ever had during my 2.5 years there. I need money and yet I’m hardly getting any. Actually, take the “hardly” out of that sentence and replace it with “not.”

School is off to a great start. This is going to be a very tough quarter but I think the end result will be awesome work. Here’s hoping. Today I spent the majority of the day working on upcoming projects. During the day I worked with the wonderful copywriters at Barnes and Noble. At night I ended up at Starbucks with a very adorable designer. I actually had a lot of fun this evening. Who knew working this hard could actually be fun? Go fig

LOVES,
mer