Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I would make such a fun rich person

Because I am so broke these days, I like to pass the time by imagining what I would do if I won the lottery. This past weekend, a man living in South Bend, IN won $350 million playing the Powerball. If I had won, this is how I would have spent my winnings.

Mindless of taxes, I would split the money in half and give it to charity. I know so many people don’t believe me (Chrissy!) but I really would. Having all that money and not using any of it for a better cause would be extremely wrong. I’d probably give $50 million to a children with cancer foundation, $25 million to a breast cancer foundation, and $25m to an AIDS foundation. Then I would take the rest of the 75m and give it both to Angelina Joli’s foundation (WHO, an organization to treat children in Ethiopia who have been orphaned by AIDS and are HIV positive), and to an Oprah charity. Yes, the last 2 is secretly a ploy to meet both of them, but since I’m giving to a greater cause, it’s ok.


I love, love love Angelina! Say what you will about her but the truth of the matter is she does A LOT of good work in this world. She tries to make the world a better place and anyone who does that is amazing in my book. I also would hold off in giving Oprah the money until Christmas. Giving her 37.5 million would definitely ensure a ticket to her show which means I would score free audience gifts. Chrissy pointed out that if I was rich I could just buy all the items Oprah brags about, but who wants to buy the items when you get them for free?

Next, I would take the rest of the $150 m and split it 4 ways. I’d give $37.5m to my mother, my brother, and my sister.

I would take $4m and buy a NYC brownstone overlooking Central Park,















a $2-4 million Italian/Spanish style looking home in Atlanta and LA






a $4 million Paris apartment, and a $4 million Rome apartment.





I would buy myself 3 cars
An Audi r8




This beamer













And this maserati







I would buy a pug,














or two














I would go on a $1 million Neiman Marcus shopping spree and buy all things Chanel





I would give NYU $2 million and ensure a place in their graduate program. I would love to achieve a NYU masters in marketing/advertising.







I would show love to my 3 girls, Chrissy, Morgan, and Kim. I would give them each $1 million, but under the table so they didn’t have to pay for taxes. I see how hard each one of them works and they all have been extremely good to me. What’s the point in having money if you can’t share it with the ones you love?

I would also give $1 million to my Mr. Big. He’s already a millionaire but he also has been so good to me so it would be the right thing to do.

Lastly, me and my girls would travel to Bali,







Fiji,




Europe, and Vegas.











I would put the rest into a Fidelity money market and enjoy the next 2 years living in NYC as a student, NOT WORKING.

If only dreams could come true.
Back to my coporate America job...


Loves!
mer