Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Hotlanta and her Sloppy Seconds





After weeks of my friends bragging about a new intimate French style lounge called Royal, I decided to check it out. Hidden in between the streets of Castleberry Hill, this intimate hotspot is seriously stirring up a cult sensation. With it’s modish and stylish Sloppy Seconds every second Saturday, my best friend and I, dressed as if we just stepped out from the pages of Vogue, walked into a very packed, very sexy dance room. We strutted up to the bar, ordered 2 martinis, and watched as fashionable socialites, ghetto superstars, and urban, grunge trendsetters all mingled with one another. It's the first time I think I have ever seen High fashion collide with street wear under one electro-house/ crunk rap party.


In a city supposedly known for diversity, it is disturbingly rare to see different cultures and colors partying together. Morgan and I watched 2 Abercrombie men look-alikes mingle with men pimping in head to toe bling (with matching grill). I witnessed a very girly girl wearing an extremely small outfit hit on an AndrĂ© Benjamin wannabe. And my best friend befriended an indi chick whose whole body resembled a canvas covered with tattoos and piercings. Overall the evening was super fun. Royal has stolen the crown for the hottest night club…for the current minute anyway. It’s about time Atlanta stepped up to the plate. Now, can she keep hitting home runs? I suppose after a couple more weekend reviews, I'll have my answer.


Definitly check Royal out.

Next week's Hotlanta adventure-
M Lounge.

LOVES!
mer